Who is the best leader in Julius Caesar?
Antony, Caesar, Brutus, Cassius
- Introduction (4-7)
- Hook – get your audience’s attention (quotation, fact, question, etc)
- What is a good leader?
- Introduce setting, title, author, any important characters in the novel.
- D. Thesis = Main argument + Reasons
Antony is a great leader because he is a great speaker, knows what is best for the people, and especially persuasive with the people.
- Body: he is a great speaker,
- BODY: knows what is best for the people
- BODY: especially persuasive.
A) Transition (Just like, so too, similarly, although, as well as, etc)
B) Proof = quotation from the novel (1-2 each paragraph) “this is Antony’s speech.”(Pg 60)
C) Concluding Topic Sentence: short summary of that paragraph in relation to your thesis. Don’t be repetitive.
V. Conclusion (4-6)
- A. Sum up points (one sentence)
- B. Give a new twist to your argument. Answer the question “so what?” Takes the proof from the argument and uses that as fact.